- ¾ red cabbage, core removed, finely shredded
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp sea salt
- 2tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp each chopped parsley and dill
- 1½ tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- 250g beetroot in natural juice, cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 150g soft goats' cheese
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- Mix the red cabbage and onion in a large bowl, sprinkle over the sea salt and leave to soften for 15 minutes. Rise under cold water and squeeze dry with a clean tea towel or kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Mix the balsamic, olive oil, herbs and fennel seeds together to create the dressing, season well and mix with the cabbage and onion. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- To serve, layer up the cabbage mixture with the beetroot and cucumber. Top with the goats' cheese and pomegranate seeds and a good grinding of black pepper.