- • 50g butter
- • 500g wild mushrooms, sliced
- • 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- • 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- • 3 tbs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- • 4 large slices sourdough bread
- • 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat until bubbling. Add half of the mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes then stir through half the garlic and herbs. Season well then cook for a further 3-4 minutes until golden and tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and keep warm while you repeat with the remaining butter, mushrooms and herbs.
- Heat the grill to high, brush the sourdough slices with the olive oil and place under the grill for 30 seconds until golden. Spoon the mushrooms over the toasts to serve and drizzle with the remaining oil.
Transform this starter into canapes by using thin slices of a slim baguette and topping with a slice or two of wild mushrooms.