Try this delicious vegetarian wild mushroom and spinach lasagne recipe – an ideal midweek supper!
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms
- 25g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg mixed mushrooms
- 3tbsp dry white wine
- 300g spinach, wilted and seasoned
- 150g fresh lasagne sheets
- For The Béchamel Sauce:
- 75g butter
- 75g plain flour
- 700ml whole milk
- 100g Parmesan, plus extra for grating
- Preheat oven to 200 C gas 6. For the sauce, melt butter in a pan; stir in flour. Cook for 1 min; turn heat down, slowly pour in milk while whisking. Cook, stirring, until you have a thick, smooth sauce. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan and season. Put clingfilm on surface of sauce.
- Soak porcinis in hot water for 15 mins; drain. Melt butter in a frying pan; cook garlic for 2 mins. Increase heat; throw in all mushrooms, mix, season, sauté for 5 mins. Add wine; allow the excess liquid to evaporate. When mushrooms have softened slightly, remove from heat, place in a sieve and drain off liquid.
- In an ovenproof dish, make 2 layers of: mushrooms, then spinach, lasagne and sauce. Sprinkle top with Parmesan; bake in top third of oven for 20 mins. Remove from oven; rest for 10 mins before serving. You can make the sauce the day before and refrigerate, or freeze the made-up lasagne before cooking.