White Chocolate and Vanilla Rice PuddingPrint This
- 50g butter
- 50g castor sugar
- 100g pudding rice
- 700ml full cream milk
- 200g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 vanilla pod, cut open lengthways seeds removed
- 150ml double-thick cream
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, 120°C fan. Place the butter and sugar in a large saucepan over a gentle heat for 3 minutes. Stir through the rice and mix well to coat. Continue to heat gently stirring frequently until the rice has swelled slightly.
- Pour over the milk and stir well to combine. Add 150g white chocolate, vanilla pod & seeds and the cream and bring to simmer.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish and cover. Bake for about 2 hours, until beginning to set but is still has a slight wobble. Serve warm scattered with the remaining chocolate.