This root vegetable salad could be a meal on its own. Serve with vegan cheese and a hunk of crusty bread.
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 500g butternut squash, cut into rough chunks
- 500g carrots, halved lengthways
- 3 parsnips, quartered lengthways
- 500g shallots, peeled and quartered
- 250g vine on tomatoes
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Good handful parsley, chopped
- Good handful oregano, finely chopped
- For The Dressing:
- 100ml soy or almond milk
- ½tbsp lime juice
- ½tsp Dijon mustard
- Small handful dill, chopped
- Small handful parsley, chopped
- You Will Need:
- 2 x large roasting tins, lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. In a large bowl, combine the garlic and olive oil, toss with the squash, carrots, parsnips and shallots, then divide between the prepared roasting tins. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Turn the vegetables and swap the shelves halfway through. Add the tomatoes to the veg for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Mix the lime zest and chopped chilli with some seasoning, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a small jug. Set aside.
- To serve, toss with the lime zest mixture and chopped herbs, and drizzle over the dressing.