Walnut and Maple Syrup FudgePrint This
- 450g granulated sugar
- 225ml full fat milk
- 300ml evaporated milk
- 75g butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 75g walnuts
- You will need
- a 20cm square cake tin, lightly oiled and base lined with baking parchment.
- Place the sugar, milk, evaporated milk and butter in a large, heavy based saucepan. Place the pan over a low heat and stir the mixture continuously until the sugar has dissolved. Place the sugar thermometer in the saucepan.
- Increase the heat and bring the mixture to a rapid boil. Boil steadily until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage, (114-115C) stirring regularly so that the mixture does not burn.
- Remove the pan from the heat and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens and turns slightly grainy in texture. Beat in the maple syrup and walnuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- When almost set, make the fudge into squares. Leave until completely set, then cut into squares and store in an airtight tin.