- ¾tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 2 venison steaks, seasoned
- 1 rich beef stock pot, dissolved into 150ml (¼pt) of water
- 1tbsp redcurrant jelly
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat, cook the venison steaks for around 2 minutes on each side then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add, the beef stockpot and redcurrant jelly to the pan, mix until smooth and allow to bubble for a few minutes to create a thick sauce.
- Return the venison to the pan, heat through and coat well in the sauce, season to taste. Serve with mash and steamed broccoli.