Carrot, potato and onion are the main ingredients of this vegan love soup. What makes it so loveable is the fresh kick of coriander, parsley, garlic, ginger and lemon.
- 3tbsp vegetable oil
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger (approximately 1cm) or 1 tsp ground ginger
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Handful of fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 potato
- ½ a vegetable stock cube
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
- First make the marinade for the vegetables. Measure the oil into a teacup, jug or other small receptacle. Finely grate the lemon zest into the oil. Peel and crush the garlic, and peel and grate the ginger, then add them too. Finely chop the herbs into the mixture. Squeeze the lemon juice in - as much of it as you can squish out - stir together and set aside.
- Peel the onion, chop into quarters and place in a roasting dish. Wash then chop the carrots into thick rounds and add to the roasting dish. Peel and dice the potato and put it in too. Pour the marinade over the top and shake to coat the vegetables. Pop the roasting dish into the preheated oven for an hour or so, shaking occasionally to loosen the vegetables and re-coat them in the marinade.
- When the carrots and potatoes are tender, remove the vegetables from the oven and tip into a food processor. Dissolve the ½ stock cube in 500ml of boiling water and pour this stock into the food processor (to cover the vegetables). Blend until smooth, and serve with a flourish of parsley.
Top Tip for making Vegan Love Soup: Add a swirl of honey at the end to make this soup extra special.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.