Vegan chocolate muffins are so simple to make. They are dairy free and egg free so everyone can eat them, whether you choose not to eat dairy or have an intolerance.
- 100g dairy free spread (Try Earth Products Ghee)
- 85g castor sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 25g dairy free cocoa powder
- 130ml dairy free milk (such as almond milk)
- To decorate:
- 100g dairy free chocolate
You will need: A 9-hole muffin tin lined with paper cases.
- Heat the oven to 180°C, gas 4. Place the spread, sugar and vanilla extract in a heavy-based saucepan and heat gently until melted. Mix until smooth, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix in the spread mixture, then stir in the milk in 2 additions. Spoon the mixture equally between the muffin cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- To decorate, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water and heat until melted. drizzle or pipe over the cooled muffins.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.