- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 sausages, each chopped into 4
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 100g kale, shredded
- 25g parmesan shavings, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the sausage. Cook for 10 minutes until golden and cooked though. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until soft. Stir through the thyme and garlic for the last 2 minutes.
- Return the sausages to the pan and pour over the cannellini bean, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Simmer for 10 minutes before adding the kale and stirring to combine.
- Spoon into bowls and serve scattered with parmesan shavings and a chunk of bread.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com