This recipe is reminiscent of a classic coronation chicken, but uses coconut cream instead of mayo for creaminess. It also keeps it light and adds a tropical twist.
- 6 chicken breasts, skin on
- 1kg new potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1tbsp each turmeric, ground cumin, mustard seeds and coriander seeds
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 130g coconut cream
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- For The Marinade:
- 200g natural, plain yoghurt
- 1tbsp each turmeric and ground cumin
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and coat it well. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Steam the potatoes for 15 mins. Meanwhile, toast the spices in a frying pan, then crush in a mortar and pestle or small food processor. Put 2Tbsp olive oil into a sauté pan and fry the onions for 10 mins, until softened. Add the garlic and spices and cook for a few mins.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the remaining oil and fry until coated in the mixture. Keep warm.
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Put the marinated chicken under the grill, skin-side up, until crispy, then bake in the oven for 20 mins. Add the coconut cream to the potatoes, return to the heat and stir in. Slice the chicken, then add to the potatoes. Put the mixture into a serving dish, and scatter with spring onions and coriander.
Marinating the turmeric chicken before cooking makes it tender and flavourful.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.