- 1 x 500g pack turkey mince
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- zest 1 lemon
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 x 700g jar tomato passata
- splash red wine vinegar
- 1 x 300g pack fresh lasagne sheets
- 250g (9oz) mozzarella, sliced
- 6 to 8tbsp pesto
- 60ml (2½fl oz) double cream
- Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, gas 6. Heat a deep, non-stick pan and stir-fry the mince for a few minutes, until lightly coloured. Remove to a plate. Add the oil, cook the onion for 5 minutes, then return the mince to the pan with the lemon zest, oregano, passata and vinegar. Season and cook for 10 minutes.
- Soak the lasagne sheets in boiling water as directed on the pack. Layer the lasagne sheets in an ovenproof dish with the turkey sauce, half the mozzarella and half the pesto. Pour the cream over the top, and cover with the remaining mozzarella slices and spoonfuls of pesto.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with a green salad. To freeze, complete dish up to step 2. Cool completely, then freeze in the dish covered with clingfilm and foil. Bake from frozen at 170 C, 150 C fan, gas 3 for 30 minutes, then increase temperature to 200 C, 180 C fan, gas 6 for another 30 minutes or until the centre of the dish has reached boiling point for 10 minutes.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com