Tuna Carpaccio with Ginger andPrint This
- juice 3 limes
- juice 1 red grapefruit
- 2.5cm root ginger, finely grated
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 1tsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin matchsticks or sliced with a Julienne peeler
- 150g mixed radishes, finely sliced
- 500g tuna steak
- ½ tbsp sunflower oila
- large handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salted peanuts, finely chopped
- Mix the 2 juices, ginger, sugar, fish sauce and salt until combined. Add the carrots and radishes and mix to coat, then set aside in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- Heat a frying pan to very hot, brush the tuna with the oil, sear for 1 minute on each side then set aside to cool. You can leave it in the fridge until ready. To serve, thinly slice the tuna with a sharp knife, serve on top of the carrot mix, drizzle over the remaining dressing and sprinkle over the coriander and peanuts.