- 250g baby potatoes
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 75g pitted green olives, sliced
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 tuna steaks
- 4 anchovies
- Fresh basil, to serve
- Boil or steam the potatoes until very tender. This will take about 10 minutes. Halve the tomatoes through the equator, scoop out the seeds and dice.
- Put the chopped tomatoes in a bowl with the olives, chopped avocado, lemon juice and oil, reserving 1tsp of the oil to rub on the tuna.
- Use a fork to crush the potatoes with the tomato mixture and mix together well.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan to a high heat and sear the tuna until cooked to your liking, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Divide the salad between 2 bowls, and top with the tuna and anchovies, and the fresh basil.
As the food and decor editor of Woman&Home, Claire enjoys nothing more than eating great food in beautiful locations. In a perfect world, she would travel for a living and have a Lord of the Rings marathon every weekend.