This rich and cheesy potato recipe brings home the flavours of the French Alps.
ALSO TRY: Crispy Roast Potatoes Recipe
- 750g waxy potatoes, unpeeled and cut into small chunks
- 300g shallots
- 200g smoked bacon lardons
- 240g Camembert
- You Will Need:
- 22 x 22 x 5cm gratin dish
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, then drain. Meanwhile, peel the shallots – it’s easier if you pour boiling water over them in a bowl and leave them for 5 minutes beforehand. Leave whole unless very large, in which case you should halve them.
- Preheat oven to 200 C, gas 6. Dry fry the lardons until crispy (you don’t need to add oil). Remove them with a slotted spoon, put to one side and cook the shallots in the same pan over a low heat for about 15 minutes (add a little oil if required).
- Mix together the potatoes, lardons and shallots and spread in one layer in your gratin dish. Place the cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted into the potato mixture. Serve immediately with a crisp green salad and a glass of chilled white wine.