Don’t know what to do with leftover apple, redcurrent or cranberry jelly? Use it in these yummy little thumbprint cookies!
Recipe sponsored by Staffords.
- 250g (1 cup) butter, softened
- 60g (½ cup) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 egg
- 10ml Staffords Vanilla Extract
- 2ml mixed spice
- 2ml salt
- 280g (2 cups) cake flour
- 60ml (¼ cup) Staffords Apple Jelly
- 60ml (¼ cup) Staffords Cranberry or Redcurrant Jelly
- To serve: icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Use an electric whisk to mix the butter and icing sugar together until, lightand fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, mixed spice and salt and mix again.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and gently combine. Chill the mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- With floured hands roll tablespoonful’s of the dough into 2cm balls.
- Arrange the balls on the baking sheet or cookie tray, allowing room for spreading. Use your thumb or the back of a teaspoon, to make an indentation into the centre of each ball.
- Fill each centre with half a teaspoon of either the apple or cranberry jelly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Before serving, dust lightly with a little extra icing sugar.
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.