This Thai prawn salad with herbs is a fresh and healthy salad with a good punch of chilli and lime. This quick and easy dish is the perfect midweek meal to throw together after coming home from work, and any leftovers can be saved for your packed lunch the next day.
Our Thai prawn salad is low in fat, but the punchy Asian flavours make it so good you’ll not even realise it’s a healthy choice. If you’re not good with spice, you can reduce the amount of chilli in this recipe, or omit it all together! If you’re looking for a vegan option, try using cubes of pan-fried tofu instead of the prawns – it’s equally delicious and easy to make.
- 300g rice noodles
- 400g cooked king prawns
- 2tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1tbsp fresh mint
- 2 large red chillies, thinly sliced lengthways
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2tsp black sesame seeds
- For The Dressing:
- 2tsp fish sauce
- 3tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2tsp toasted sesame oil
- Mix together all of the the dressing ingredients then toss into the noodles and add the prawns. You can do this an hour or so in advance, if you like.
- Mix in the herbs, chillies and spring onions, then scatter over the sesame seeds.