- 1tbsp oil
- 200g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 sweet potatoes (around 850g), peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 300g frozen sweetcorn
- 75g crème fraîche
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onion to the pan, cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened and beginning to turn golden, then add the garlic and paprika, mix well and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes, stock and 4 thyme sprigs to the pan, bring to the boil; simmer for 15 minutes. Add the sweetcorn and crème fraîche and simmer for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Season well, stir through the bacon and top with the remaining thyme leaves.