- 4 x 150 to 200 gm rib eye steak
- Whole Hot Peppadew® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and Cilantro seasoning to taste
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Sweet Piquanté Pepper Relish Sauce
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) mushrooms, very finely diced
- 1 carrot, very finely diced
- 1 small onion, very finely diced
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) tomato sauce
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) Worcestershire sauce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Mild Peppadew® Sweet Piquanté Pepper Relish
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) honey
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) red wine
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Season the steak with whole Hot Peppadew® Sweet Piquanté Pepper and Cilantro seasoning and rub in with a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and sauté the mushrooms, carrot and onion for 5minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce is thickened slightly. Keep warm.
- Grill the steaks to your liking and serve with the sauce spooned over the steaks.
Supplied by Peppadew® SA