ALSO SEE: Vegetarian Moussaka Recipe
- For The Mash:
- 1 celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 300g parsnips, peeled and chopped (about 2)
- 375g sweet potato, peeled and chopped (about 2)
- For The Filling:
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 250ml vegetable stock (we used Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot)
- 250g cooked Puy lentils
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- You Will Need:
- An ovenproof dish, around 2-litre capacity
- Start with the mash: simply put all the veg in a saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash together. Season and set aside.
- For the filling, heat the oil in a sauté pan and cook the onions, carrot and celery until tender. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes or until tender. Add the stock, lentils and soy sauce. Bring to the boil, taste for seasoning then put into the dish. Top with the mash.
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Bake until piping hot and the mash has browned slightly – about 30 minutes.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.