- 250g all-butter puff pastry
- 250ml double cream
- ½ tsp rose extract
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar, plus extra, to dust
- 250g strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 25g pistachios, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C , 180°C fan. Dust the work surface with icing sugar, then place the pastry on the top; dust the top with icing sugar and roll to 1cm thick.
- Cut into 2 lengths, each around 25x10cm, and place on a baking sheet. Dust again with a little flour, prick all over with a fork and place a light baking sheet on top to cover the pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the extra baking sheet and cook for a further 10 minutes or until browned
- Whip the cream with the rose extract and 1tbsp icing sugar until just stiff.
- To assemble, spread 2 or 3Tbsp of the cream over one of the cooled pastry sheets, top with some strawberry slices, then sprinkle over a little of the chopped pistachios. Repeat with the remaining layer.