Steak with mushroom saucePrint This
- 4 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 250g mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp cake flour
- 1 cup (250ml) low-fat or fat-free milk
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 4 x 160g steak or chops, all fat removed
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat half the oil in a pan and fry onion and mushrooms until tender and browned.
- Stir in flour until absorbed and add milk a little at a time. Stir well to form a sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Season with lemon juice, pepper, Worcester sauce and thyme.
- Heat rest of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry meat for 5-7 minutes on the one side.
- Sprinkle with half the salt and season with lemon juice and black pepper. Turn over.
- Fry for another 5-7 minutes and season again. Steak or chops should still be juicy when cooked.
- Serve meat immediately with mushroom sauce, butternut and a salad or green veggies.