Looking to lift your spirits during social-distancing and self-isolation? Try one of these delicious stay at home cocktails!
Image: Kate McLuckie
There are a lot of pictures being shared on social media about The Quarantini: the regular martini you drink all alone at home… Here’s how to make one:
- Hope London Dry Gin (50ml)
- Dry white vermouth (5ml)
- Sweet white vermouth (5ml)
- Garnish: twist of lemon peel
Pour the gin and the vermouth into a mixing glass or jug filled with ice. Stir well until completely chilled.
Strain (just to avoid the ice going into the glass) into a martini cocktail glass and garnish with a twist of lemon zest.
The Salty Dog
Image: Georgia East
Because you generally just have your pets for company at the moment…
- Hope African Botanical Gin (50ml)
- 5-10ml thyme infused sugar syrup (use 100ml water plus 100g sugar and bring to a slow boil; add a few sprigs of thyme and simmer for a minute or two; cool, strain and it’s ready to use.)
- Lemon juice (5-10ml)
- Top up with Indian tonic
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit
Add all the ingredients to a glass, give it a stir, add ice and garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
If you don’t feel like making a sugar syrup, simply add a 200ml grapefruit tonic to 50ml Hope African Botanical gin and garnish with a slice of grapefruit
ALSO SEE: Take Time To Relax – Naturally
The Negroni Tonic
Just the tonic for staying in!
- Hope Mediterranean Gin (50ml)
- Campari (50ml)
- Martini Rosso vermouth (50ml)
- Top up with tonic
- Garnish with a slice of orange
Add all the ingredients to a glass. Give it a stir over ice to slightly dilute and really chill. Top with tonic and garnish with a slice of orange.
Recipes provided by Hope Distillery