- 1 large butternut squash, approx 1kg, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 4tbsp olive oil plus a little extra
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 600g raw beetroot, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 4tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 200g feta, crumbled
- oil and lemon juice, to dress
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Toss together the squash, half the olive oil, fennel and a pinch of sea salt then place in a roasting tin. In a separate roasting tin, toss the beetroot with the remaining oil and a pinch of salt, and bake both for 30 minutes, until tender.
- Mix the squash, beetroot, herbs and pine nuts, then top the mixture with chunks of feta on a serving platter. Whisk oil and lemon juice to dress.
Top tip: All our salads are of our favourite “make-ahead” variety and won’t wilt if they’re sitting on a serving table for an hour or so – great for a relaxed buffet meal.