- 250g smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 60g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1kg Brussels sprouts, peeled
- 200g chestnuts, roughly chopped
- In a saucepan, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove and drain on kitchen towel. Melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook on a gentle heat for about 2 minutes, then add the breadcrumbs. Stir and cook for a further 5 minutes as the breadcrumbs soak up the butter and go slightly golden. Remove from the heat.
- Steam the sprouts for 6 to 7 minutes until tender. Place in a large ovenproof dish and mix in the chestnuts and bacon. Sprinkle over the garlic breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven (between 180 C, 160 C fan, gas 4 and 200 C, 180 C fan, gas 6 is fine) for about 10 to 12 minutes until the crumbs are golden.