Sprouted French Toast à la modePrint This
- 2 eggs, preferably organic
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 slices flourless sprouted-grain bread or gluten-free bread
- 1 tsp extra-virgin coconut oil, for oiling the frying pan
- 245ml whole-milk organic yoghurt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup, born rice syrup or coconut nectar
- Crack eggs into a medium-size bowl and beat with a wire whisk. Add the coconut milk and cinnamon. Whisk again to mix.
- Cut the slices of bread in hald, making four halves. Place the bread in the egg mixture and let it soak until it is saturated, about 2 minutes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, place the pieces of egg-soaked bread in the skillet. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the bread. Cook until golden, then flip and cook until the other side is golden and the egg is cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- While the French toast is cooking, whisk the yoghurt and syrup together in a small bowl. Top French toast with dollops of maple-sweetened yoghurt. Serve immediately.