- 1tbsp oil
- 227g pack paneer cheese, cut into 2.5cm cubes (available from Woolworths)
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- Handful curry leaves, crushed
- 2tsp each turmeric and chilli powder
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 red peppers, cubed
- 400g spinach
- Dash double-thick cream
- Heat a large frying pan. When hot, add the oil, season the paneer and fry until it's golden brown and crisp on the outside. Remove and set aside.
- Add a touch more oil to the pan if necessary. Fry the onion, chillies, ginger and curry leaves gently until everything is soft. Add the turmeric and chilli powder and cook out for a couple of minutes, then add the tomatoes and peppers and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the pepper is soft and the tomatoes have broken down.
- Add the spinach, coat in the sauce and allow to wilt down. Finally, stir through the cream to taste, adjust the seasoning and place the paneer back in the pan. Serve hot with Indian breads.
This article originated on: womanandhome.com
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.