This mushroom and halloumi burger recipe is rather East meets West in terms of flavour, but it all goes together perfectly for a meat-free burger!
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- ¼-½tsp chilli powder
- Good pinch ground cloves
- ½tsp turmeric
- ¼tsp paprika
- Good squeeze lemon juice
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 6 Portobello mushrooms
- 400g halloumi, cut into 6 slices
- Mix the garlic, ginger, spices, lemon juice and yogurt in a large bowl until smooth, season then add the mushrooms to the bowl. Coat well in the mixture then leave to marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 220C, 200C fan, gas 7. Place the mushrooms on a lined baking sheet and put a slice of halloumi on top of each, then cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve in burger buns with mango chutney and a crunchy salad.