- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1½ onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups Pouyoukas lentils, prepared as per pack instructions
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 rolls, halved and toasted
- Baby spinach
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the onions with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes or until really soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger and curry powder and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Put aside.
- Place the prepared Pouyoukas lentils in a food processor and pulse until roughly blended but not too smooth. Add to onion mixture, add some seasoning and mix well.
- Add the flour and stir well to combine.
- Using slightly wet hands, form the mix into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Put into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the lentil burgers for 4 minutes on each side or until caramelised.
- Put onto the bases of each roll, top with chutney, baby spinach, tomato, avocado, onion and the roll top.
As the food and decor editor of Woman&Home, Claire enjoys nothing more than eating great food in beautiful locations. In a perfect world, she would travel for a living and have a Lord of the Rings marathon every weekend.