- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 heaped tsp each: cumin seed and garam masala
- 1kg sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- large pinch sugar
- 250ml stock
- 250g ready-to-eat Puy lentils
- chopped coriander, natural yogurt and naan bread, to serve
- Heat a large lidded sauté pan and add the oil. Add the onion and fry gently, without colouring, for a couple of minutes. Add the spices and fry for another couple of minutes to release the flavours. Add the sweet potato, tomatoes, sugar, stock and some seasoning, bring the pan to a simmer, cover and simmer gently for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the sweet potato is tender when prodded with a fork.
- Uncover the pan, add the lentils, stir to combine and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve topped with the coriander and yogurt, with the naan breads on the side.