Comforting, flavourful and delicious – you can’t beat this kedgeree recipe.
ALSO SEE: Oven-baked Fish and Chips Recipe
- 500g undyed smoked haddock
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 300g basmati rice
- 1tbsp curry powder
- 3 cardamom pods, split
- ½tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 175g frozen peas
- Handful coriander leaves
- 3 free-range eggs, hard-boiled and quartered
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place the haddock in a pan over a gentle heat with the chilli flakes and milk. Simmer for 4 minutes then remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Flake the fish and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions for 5 minutes. Stir through the rice and spices. Pour the milk and stock over the rice, stir, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the fish through the rice with the peas, coriander and eggs. Continue to heat for 3 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.