- 85g light muscovado sugar
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1tsp allspice
- 85g sultanas
- 85g dried cranberries
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- you will need
- 2 baking sheets, lightly oiled
- Heat the oven to 170 C, 150 C fan, gas 3. Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add the beaten egg then the butter and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Place balls of cookie dough the size of a large conker onto the baking sheets, leaving space in-between each one as the cookies will spread in the oven. Flatten them down slightly to form thick discs.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until slightly firm and golden around the edge. Leave to cool and harden briefly on the baking sheets before placing the cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.