- 6 free-range chicken thighs, skinned, boned and halved horizontally
- 2tbsp oil
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp garam masala
- ½tsp chilli powder
- Small handful coriander leaves
- Flatbreads (we used roti), natural yoghurt, harissa and crunchy salad leaves, to serve
- Place the chicken in a non-metallic bowl with the oil and spices, toss to coat and marinate for at least one hour, or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, spear the pieces onto metal skewers, season well and cook on the braai for 10 minutes, turning halfway through the time, until they are crisp on the outside and completely cooked through.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the skewers, then scatter with coriander, and serve in a bowl with the flatbreads, yoghurt, harissa and salad on the side.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com
Using ground coriander, garam masala and chilli powder, the chicken is marinated in this mix of spices to give it a real kick when cooked up on the grill or braai.