- 4 free-range chicken breasts, skin on
- 2tbsp Baharat spice mix
- juice 2 lemons, plus extra wedges to serve
- 3tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and bashed
- For the salsa:
- 250g cherry tomatoes, diced
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Toss the chicken breasts in a freezer bag or non-metallic bowl with the Baharat, lemon juice, oil and garlic. Leave to marinate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, season and cook on a hot barbecue for 20 to 25 minutes with the lid on, turning once until blackened and piping hot all the way through. You can also cook them in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C, gas 6.
- To make the salsa, mix all the salsa ingredients together and season well. Serve the chicken with the salsa, with extra lemon wedges on the side.
Baharat is a sweet, earthy Middle Eastern spice mix. Find it in supermarkets.