Indian spices, light yoghurt dressing and mango slices make a wonderful update to Coronation chicken in this spicy salad.
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 black cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed
- 2tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 200g low fat natural yoghurt
- 2tbsp double cream
- Squeeze lime juice, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- ¼tsp sweet paprika
- 500g cooked and cooled free-range chicken, torn
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, destoned and chopped into large slices
- Small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- Mixed salad, to serve
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil. Cook the onion until golden. Add the cardamom, coriander seeds, garlic and red chilli. Cook for 1 minute until the spices are fragrant and the garlic has softened. Stir in the sugar then set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the mixture with the yoghurt, cream, lime juice and paprika. Add the chicken, mango and coriander and mix to coat. Season well.
- Serve on a platter over salad leaves with lime wedges and a little coriander.
Top Tip for making Spiced Chicken and Mango Salad: This is a favourite “make-ahead” salad and won’t wilt if it's sitting on a serving table for an hour or so – great for a relaxed buffet meal.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.