- 1 Fry’s Soy and Quinoa Country Roast
- For the cranberry and chilli jam:
- 40ml olive or coconut oil
- 5ml mustard seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ clove of garlic, finely crushed
- 5ml dried chilli flakes
- 1 small red chilli, split
- 500g frozen (or fresh) cranberries
- 5ml mustard
- 150g brown sugar
- 40ml red wine vinegar
- Prepare the country roast according to packet instructions.
For the cranberry and chilli jam:
- Heat the oil over a moderate heat and add the mustard seeds. When they begin to pop, add the bay leaf, red onion, garlic and chilli.
- Sauté over a gentle heat for 10 – 12 minutes until the onions are very soft but not coloured.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer gently for 20 minutes, add a little water if the jam is too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- Spoon into a sterilised jar ready for serving.