- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2tsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes (check label for any added sugar or make your own)
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 200g spinach leaves
- To serve:
- 2 free-range eggs, hard-boiled
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- large handful parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the paprika and cook for 2 minutes, then add the chickpeas and tomatoes, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a very gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Wilt the spinach in the microwave for 30 seconds, squeeze out the excess moisture, and add to the pan. Cook for another 2 minutes. Separate the egg yolks from the white and finely chop both. Serve the soup scattered with the spring onions, egg and parsley.