- 250g spaghetti
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra
- 2tbsp salted capers, well rinsed and dried
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Good pinch of sugar
- 4tbsp pitted black olives in oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- First off, get a large pan of salted water on the boil to cook the spaghetti. Heat through the oil in a sauté pan, add the capers and quickly cook until crispy, then remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside. Add the tomatoes to the same pan (you can leave in the oil for more flavour), along with the sugar and some seasoning. Let them simmer, then just before the pasta is ready, throw in the olives.
- Drain the pasta, return it to the pan, add the sauce, mix, then divide between two bowls. Scatter over the capers, add an extra drizzle of olive oil if you like, then grate over some Parmesan. Serve immediately.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.