- 2tbsp olive oil
- 10 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- 2tsp tomato purée
- 1kg large tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and roughly chopped, or 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes with juice
- 100ml dry white wine
- 50g apers, drained and rinsed
- 75g pitted black olives, chopped
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 2tbsp basil, roughly torn
- freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and add the anchovies, garlic, chilli and rosemary. Cook for a couple of minutes, but do not allow the garlic to brown. Add the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, wine, capers and olives. Stir well and cook for 45 minutes on a low heat until the sauce is rich and thick.
- Cook the pasta and drain well. Divide between 4 warmed bowls. Add the basil to the sauce, and spoon on to the pasta. Sprinkle over the Parmesan and serve.