- 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced in half
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella
- 2 flame-roasted peppers (from a jar is fine)
- basil leaves, to garnish
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film and beat gently with a rolling pin until flattened. Season, coat with oil and either cook on a ridged griddle pan or on the barbecue for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Slice in half.
- Rub the cut side of the garlic clove over each slice of sourdough, and top with half a chicken breast. Tear the mozzarella balls into 2, and place half onto the chicken then top with half a roasted pepper. Drizzle with oil, garnish with basil leaves and salt, and serve while the chicken is still warm.