- 500g (1lb 2oz) smoked salmon
- 300g (10oz) flaked hot smoked salmon
- 300g tub Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2tbsp horseradish sauce
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- small handful dill, leaves picked
- 1½tsp pink peppercorns, crushed
- 125ml (4½oz) whipping cream
- You will need:
- 28cm (11in) terrine dish or 900g (2lb) loaf tin, double lined with clingfilm
- In a food processor, blend 150g (5oz) of the smoked salmon and 150g (5oz) of the hot smoked salmon with the Philadelphia, horseradish, lemon zest, dill and peppercorns to make a smooth paste. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, and transfer to a mixing bowl. In another bowl, lightly whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold through the mixture and set aside.
- Line the terrine with the remaining smoked salmon slices, allowing an overlap to fold over and almost cover the top.
- Spoon half the salmon mixture into the terrine and spread to the edges. Place the remaining hot smoked salmon down the centre of the terrine in a neat line. Spoon the rest of the salmon mixture into the terrine, being careful not to disturb the hot smoked salmon. Smooth, then fold over the smoked salmon to cover the top. It doesnt matter if they dont meet. Wrap in the overhanging clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight, weighed down with a board and some cans.
- Turn out, remove the clingfilm and slice. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.