- a little oil
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) diced pork leg or shoulder
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g (1lb 2oz) seedless green grapes
- 150 ml (¼ pt) white wine
- 150ml (¼ pt) chicken stock
- 4tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the oven to 150C, 130C fan, 300F, gas 2. Heat the oil (around 1tbsp) in a lidded ovenproof casserole dish and brown the pork all over. You'll need to do this in a few batches. Season well. Remove with a slotted spoon then cook the onions until soft, around 15 minutes. Add the garlic just for a minute.
- Blitz 350g (12oz) of the grapes in a food processor until you have a purée, then add to the dish, along with the pork. Pour in the wine and stock, bring to the boil and cook in the oven 2 hours and 30 minutes. Add the remaining whole grapes and return to the oven for 30 minutes. Stir in the parsley; serve with mash and green beans.