Siba's Red Velvet DelightPrint This
- 1 red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting (three layer)
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons castor sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 500 g raspberries
- 500 g strawberries, sliced
- 50 g white chocolate shavings
- 75 g pomegranate rubies
- 3 Tablespoons icing sugar, for dusting
- Take the cake and carefully cut through the bottom layer of sponge and place the bottom layer aside.
- Cut through the middle and top layers of cake and set aside yielding four pieces of cake.
- Whip up the cream with sugar, vanilla and add the lemon juice.
- Mix the raspberries and strawberries slices in a bowl.
- To assemble the delight: first put the bottom layer of the cake on a cake stand.
- Spoon over a layer of whipped cream and top with a quarter amount of the mixed berries.
- Now place the next section of the cake (one of the joined cake sections with frosting) on top.
- Spoon with cream and top with berries; add the next layer and top with more cream and berries. Then add the last layer of the cake with the frosting top.
- Finally pile a big spoonful of cream in the centre of the cake and top with berries.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave white chocolate over the delight and sprinkle with the pomegranate rubies.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.