Siba's Pesto Stuffed Lamb ChopsPrint This
- 12 lamb rib chops, fat removed and frenched - (can be bought from a butcher ready prepared as a short cut)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 teaspoons pesto
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil for frying
- For the stuffing
- 4 Tablespoons basil pesto
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted and very roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Make a slit on the side prepared chops using a sharp carving or pairing knife.
- Mix the garlic, pesto, salt and pepper together, and rub each chop on both sides.
- Using a teaspoon mix the stuffing ingredients together and stuff a teaspoonful in each chop. The roughly chopped pine nuts will give a surprise crunch
- Heat a large non-stick pan and add the oil until sizzling hot. Place the chops and cook for 3 minutes on each side or a medium or less if you like it more rare.
- Cover with foil and set aside to rest until serving time.