South African celebrity chef and food writer Siba Mtongana is known for creating flavourful local dishes! Her popular cooking show, Siba’s Table is one of our favourites. Here, she shares her recipe for pesto stuffed lamb chops…
- 12 lamb rib chops, fat removed and frenched
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 teaspoons pesto
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil for frying
- For the stuffing:
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted and very roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Make a slit on the side prepared chops using a sharp carving or pairing knife.
- Mix the garlic, pesto, salt and pepper together, and rub each chop on both sides.
- Using a teaspoon mix the stuffing ingredients together and stuff a teaspoonful in each chop. The roughly chopped pine nuts will give a surprise crunch
- Heat a large non-stick pan and add the oil until sizzling hot. Place the chops and cook for 3 minutes on each side or a medium or less if you like it more rare.
- Cover with foil and set aside to rest until serving time.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.