- 1tbsp olive oil
- 200g cooking chorizo, finely sliced
- 18 king scallops
- 200ml dry sherry
- 40g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat 1tsp of the oil in a heavy-based frying pan to medium, then fry the chorizo slices on both sides until they start to crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a clean pan, heat the remaining olive oil over a medium-heat, add the scallops and cook for 1 or 2 minutes on both sides, or until almost cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the sherry to the pan, bring to the boil and cook until reduced by half. Add the butter and continue to cook, stirring constantly. Season well and stir in the lemon juice.
- Return the scallops and chorizo to the pan, coat well in the sauce and stir in the chopped parsley. Serve 3 scallops per person, with salad leaves on the side.