If you’re on a health kick or just want to get some extra nutrients in your diet, this simple vegetable stir-fry is a great option to try for your healthy dinner recipe this week.
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 2 egg noodle nests
- 3tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- 2tsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g pack stir-fry vegetables
- Pour 100ml hot water over the desiccated coconut and set aside. Place the egg noodles in a large bowl and pour boiling hot water over them. Stir gently to separate, leave for 5 minutes then drain.
- Meanwhile, mix together the peanut butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar and desiccated coconut plus its liquid.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the stir-fry veg and cook for 5 minutes before adding the noodles for a further 2 minutes. Stir through the peanut sauce mixture and toss well to coat.
Top Tip for making Satay Vegetable Stir-Fry: Adding a splash of chilli sauce will give your stir-fry a little kick!