This carb-conscious pasta recipe from food writer Sarah Graham is great as a healthy lunch when you’re on the go.
- 200-300g chickpea pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
- 40g fresh basil (or rocket or watercress) rinsed and thicker stalks removed, then roughly chopped
- 2tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- 3-4tbsp olive oil
- 1-2tbsp lemon juice
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp sugar (or more to taste)
- Pinch of salt (or more to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain, drizzle with olive oil and set aside
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the Pesto in your food processor. Pulse until it reaches your desired consistency. Check for seasoning and balance of flavours and adjust if necessary.