Salmon cevichePrint This
- juice 3 limes
- juice 2 lemons
- juice 1 orange
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 5cm (2in) fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1tsp caster sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 500g (1lb 2oz) salmon fillet, skin removed and finely sliced
- 75g (3oz) pomegranate seeds
- large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Mix the citrus juices, onion, ginger, sugar and sea salt. Leave for a few minutes before tasting and adjusting the sweetness and seasoning, if necessary. The fish and acidic sauce (known as Tigers milk) can be prepared ahead separately then stored in the fridge until ready to use.
- Pour the citrus dressing over the salmon. Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate in the fridge. The marinating time depends on personal taste we left ours for 5 minutes so the fish is opaque on the outside and almost raw in the middle. After 20 to 30 minutes, the fish should be totally opaque and cooked by the acid.
- Use a slotted spoon to lift the fish out of the citrus juice and serve immediately scattered with the pomegranate seeds, coriander and a generous grind of salt and pepper.