These little rum and raisin fudge squares are the perfect treat. For the best results, use a sugar thermometer this classic fudge recipe.
- 3 tbsp rum
- 100g raisins
- 397g can sweetened condensed milk
- 100g butter
- 500g muscovado sugar
- You Will Need:
- a 30cm 8in squares shallow cake tin lined with baking parchment or foil
- Soak the raisins in the rum for 1 hour until plump.
- Place the condensed milk, butter and sugar in a large pan and bring to the boil, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves. Continue stirring and boiling for about 10 minutes until the sugar reaches the soft ball stage on a sugar thermometer. It is important to stir constantly or the mixture will burn on the base of the pan. It will take longer than you think to reach the last few degrees too.
- When the mixture has reached soft ball stage, remove from the heat and pour in the rum and raisins. Beat well until the fudge begins to crystallise on the edge of the pan and thickens. Pour immediately into the prepared tin and allow to cool completely then cut in to squares. This will keep for 2-3 weeks in a cake tin.